Wednesday, January 16, 2013

splashes of color


When I went to the SF Bay Area for Christmas, I went to my favorite art store, Dick Blick in Berkeley.  I wanted to try this Pelikan 12 pack of watercolor set.  As usual, I will buy art supplies and it takes me a while to finally open and try them out.  Today was the day....

 This set comes with 12 transparent colors, a mixing palette and two water containers.  When the paint set is closed, the two water containers fit on the ends, not only making it compact, but making it easy to carry.





As for the saturation and color, well
I wasn't too impressed with either. The colors lay down vibrant,but once they dry, the color is a little dull.
This set might be good to carry in
the car for quick watercolor studies,but for my larger pieces, my Daniel Smith watercolors are still my favorite.





No comments: