Friday, January 18, 2013

Making journals with Washi tape

For the past few months I've been making all kinds of journals.  Big or little, I just love the process of making  journals.  I've also discovered last year Washi Tape.  My collection has grown from just a few rolls to well over a 100 rolls of different Washi Tape.  So I decided to combine making an easy no sew journal with Washi Tape and clear packaging tape.

I started with 2 sheets of 11" x 15" watercolor paper.  I cut the 2 sheets in half.  I then folded each piece of watercolor paper in half, creating a signature.  I use my bone folder over the center crease.  I now have 4 folded signatures.  Next I put two signatures together.  I then apply clear packaging tape onto  the inside seam as show in the photo below.  I flip the inside signature over and do the same thing of applying  clear packaging tape to the other inside seam.  I now have two signature attached to each other.  I do the same process with the two remaining signatures.  When completed, I will have 16 pages to create on.  To finish, I apply  Washi tape over the edge of each folder.   The size of my completed little journal is 7.5"  x 5.5"; just the right size to carry in my purse.


No comments: