Sunday, January 13, 2013

collage journal made out of recycle material

I've trying to recycle cereal boxes to use as journal covers.  Also to use those scraps of  left over scrap booking paper that I've seem to have collected over the year.

Over the holidays finally put those pieces to work.  I cut my cereal boxes down to 6" x 6" squares.  Then I took my scrap booking paper and applied to the cereal box square using either my glue stick or double-sided tape.  After that layer was dry, then I did a line drawing using my black fine tip sharpie pen.  On some pages I would add images from decorated napkins, carefully peeling the top layer from the white bottom layers. On six of the pages I did six random watercolors . On some pages I would add my postage stamp sticker that I made of  Maddie's face.  Once I had all the collages completed on each square, front and back, I then punched a whole on the side top and bottom.  I used a 1" binder ring to complete the journal.

I have a total of 14 pages totaling 28 journal entries.  I'll post more tomorrow.









No comments: