Saturday, January 05, 2013

Santa Barbara

This afternoon my husband and I drove to Santa Barbara for lunch.  It was a nice afternoon drive, but was disappointed when our favorite restaurant was closed until the end of the month.  Since there is a large art store nearby, we headed  to Art Essentials.  Art Essentials is the size of a large warehouse that carries a lot of art supplies, some things I can't find at Dick Blick; unfortunately, they are over priced for most things.  I did buy a sheet of  lavender handmade paper to a bind a new book.

Across the street was a Mexican restaurant called Carlito's that had outdoor seating, so that is where we had lunch.  The food was delicious, but a bit spicy for me.   I had chicken taquitos guacamole.
My husband had chicken enchiladas.

It was nice to be able to enjoy outside dining, which doesn't happen that often where I live in the high desert.













On the way home I caught a wonderful sunset.

It was still light enough for me to do a quick sketch of flowers that I saw in a flower box in Santa Barbara while we driving home.  It was such a wonderful and relaxing outing...nice way to spend the day.

No comments: