Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Paper bag cover journal


I promised myself that I would be more consistent about updating my blog.  Life just gets in the way sometimes; I have good intentions of sharing my latest art project or work on my studio, but I must be honest  I get lazy sometimes.

This journal was made with  tan packaging paper and blue sheets for inside of  journal covers for the front and back. I have 4 signatures of 2 sheets per signature, which gives me 32 pages to create art.  To bind the journal, I used a long stitch binding. 

For the design on the front and back cover I used gouache paint. Using acrylic paint would probably be much better and heavier.  In the process of making this journal I pulled the binding thread to rough causing one of the holes on the bottom of the journal seam to tear.  As you can see I added some pink washi tape where I torn the hole so I could continue my binding of the book.





No comments: