Sunday, January 27, 2013

Old Town Pasadena

On Saturday I went to Old Town Pasadena for lunch and shopping. The weather has been rather cold in the high desert, so it was nice to drive down below for warmer weather and yummy food.

This outing was a to celebrate my wedding anniversary.   Whenever my husband and I go to Pasadena, we always seem to go to our favorite Italian restaurant "Mi Piace".   It started with an Arnold Palmer to drink, Mi Piace salad, Vegetarian lasagna, and finishing it off with Express bread pudding.  Because the portions are always so big, we split everything.

After lunch we went to Dick Blick art store where I picked up some acrylic ink and more water brushes.  Next it was onto the Paper-source where I bought 3 sheets of handmade paper to bind books and a macaroon rubber stamp.  We ended the shopping portion by going to Surla Table for a donut mix and tongs.

We had a nice time just being together and celebrating the many years we've been together.

The best part, for my anniversary I'm finally getting a flat paper file to store all my handmade papers I've collected.  It's on order and should be here in a couple of weeks.









No comments: