Thursday, July 04, 2013

Watercolor journal for road trip to San Francisco

"Happy Fourth Of July"
 
 
I've been known to over pack art supplies  whenever I go on a trip.  I just don't want to leave anything behind, just in case I might need them, which has happened on occasion.   So for this trip, I thought I'd take only a few things...a small watercolor journal, a watercolor travel set, and a few water brushes, and one round # 4 watercolor brush.
 
The journal I made was something real simple.  I used 2 sheets of 9 in x 12 in watercolor paper.  I cut the pieces in half, leaving me with 4 pieces of  9 in by 6 in watercolor paper.  Then I folded those pieces in half, creating a small journal  that measures 4.5 in wide by 6 in long.  I used my bone folder to flatten the middle seam.  Next I used my Paper Pro long reach stapler to staple the center seam, about an inch down from the top and an inch up from the bottom.
 
Now all that is left to do is add some embellishments and I ready to go.
 
 



No comments: