Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cumbria, UK

This is the 2nd part of yesterdays post about the watercolor tin box and what colors I used.  I had 18 colors to choose from.  I used French Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin, Raw Sienna, Perm Brown, Burnt Umber, Cobalt Blue, Sap Green, and a touch of Cerulean Blue.  My go-to watercolors are FUB, Alizarin, Burnt Umber, and Sap Green.  I did find I liked adding Raw Sienna and Perm brown to my painting; would I add those to my go-to palette? probably not.
 
By using this small watercolor box, I found a way to finally use a water brush and not feel frustrated with it's performance.  I used baby wipes to clean my brush between changing colors.  It's that small trick that really made a difference.  Because the baby wipes are moist, I also used them to lift color too.  It's amazing that those small details made painting this impressionist painting so easy.
 
 
 
 

No comments: