Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pocket size watercolor journal

Before I got into bookbinding, I was always buying purse size notebooks/journals.  I have been experimenting with different sizes and today I made this small watercolor journal to carry in my purse.
 
Finished journal : 4.5" wide by 5" long
I used 8 sheets of 140lb watercolor paper
that is 8"wide by 10" long that I fold
in half.
Red cover is 9" wide by 10" long that I fold in
half to give me a journal size of 4.5" by 5".
I used corner round punch for the ends.
Next I punch 3 whole in the paper and cover
for a simple pamphlet stitch. 
I sew the journal together using waxed red thread.
Because the journal is a little bulky, I added an elastic black
band.  I punched a hole on the back cover with my crop-a-dile.
 I cut  the black band to fit around the journal.  I then threaded the black band in the hole, with the ends inside of the back of the journal.  Next I insert a silver eyelet into the hole, using the crop-a-dile to set the eyelet.
 
I just added my own embellishments.  Cavalier dog stamps and pocket on the inside back cover.
 
 




No comments: