Sunday, April 15, 2012

Daily Sketchbook

I took a online class called "Daily Sketchbook" by Gina Rossi Armfield over at www.sweetsistergina.typepad.com.  It's an online class that gives ideas and techniques of how to keep a daily sketchbook, using anything as an inspiration.

The first exercise was drawing and painting a eagles head. This is my interpretation.



She also had a rather colorful hawk on her website and I wanted to see if I could get the same rich and vibrate colors that she got on her hawk.  I probably will paint another interpretation of this hawk using different colors.

Up until I painted these two hawks, I really never paid attention to their beauty.  I plan to find more photo references and see if I can capture them using my new Daniel Smith Primatek mineral pigments.

No comments: