Sunday, January 07, 2007

windows of venice


I finally achieved something that I wanted to do for a long time...know more about...Layers in adobe photoshop!!!!
I first did a line drawing in pencil in my moleskin. Then I added color with my Derwent artist colored pencils. When I thought I was done I scanned my drawing into Adobe Photoshop. I didn't like the way the flowers in the basket looked, so I decided to play around by adding layers. So I touched up the flowers and then I got carried away with playing around with the other colors in my drawing. I used a paintbrush in adobe and just started adding different colors. I kind of like the way this turned out. It has a painterly quality too it. I know I still have a lot to learn about layers...but for my first try...I like what I accomplished.
This drawing is 4" x 6".

2 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Wow! Love the vibrancy of the colors. It's a really good composition that perfectly captures a "mood." How fun!!

Irena said...

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for looking and the lovely compliments on my drawing. I'm just amazed at what adobe photoshop could do. I really enjoyed working on the drawing and I loved the way photoshop really made the drawing pop. I can see that I'll probably use photoshop more on my other drawings. Thanks again. Irene