Monday, January 29, 2007

Just pencil


Today I found in a drawer, a brand new Montblanc classic .07mm pencil that I had stuck in my writing desk and forgot I had purchased it several years ago when Montblancs were all the rage to own. Who'd think that this pencil would get me so motivated and inspired to draw and that's what I've been doing all afternoon! Maybe I should look in my desk drawers more often and see what other goodies I'd find. I was so jazzed with the handling of this pencil that I went out and bought more pencil refills so I wouldn't run out as I'm sketching.

All three drawings were done in my moleskin 4"x 6", rendered in pencil.

















2 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

These are wonderful sketches!! Lots of really neat details, great lines and wonderful shadings.
It's always fun to find "treasures" we forgot we bought - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.
Btw, Happy Anniversary to you too!!

Irena said...

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for looking. Finding treasures has been fun. I'm now hoping to find money in my coat pockets!