Thursday, January 04, 2007

Windows of Paris


Everywhere you turn too in Paris are buildings with lots of windows. This is a view from the right bank looking over the Seine River over to the left bank of Paris.
I'm still trying to work out in my mind how I want to approach this month of buildings. I never realized how shaky my hands are while attempting to draw straight lines. As you can see, my lines aren't all that straight.
Since it's a little cold now in Washington, I'll probably be working from photographs that I've taken over the years of buildings. Hopefully as the month progresses my hands will become more steady, I'll get my perspective right, and I'll stop being so hard on myself about my drawings.

1 comment:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Personally, I think it's okay to use a ruler a little bit for those straight lines. You're doing great!!