Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today is my Wedding Anniversary

Today my husband surprised me with a dozen red roses for our 26Th wedding anniversary. I've been blessed with a wonderful husband who is loving, kind,generous,supportive,funny, and brilliant.

We met 27 years ago and I knew on our first date that I was going to marry him. The day he purposed to me was just a beginning of the many surprises I would have with him. He started the day with sending me a dozen yellow roses in the morning and yellow mums in the afternoon, and ended the day by sending me a white Rolls Royce to pick me up at work and take me to one our favorite restaurants. He had given the driver a cassette of my favorite artist Chuck Mangione. So on the 45 minute drive I got to listen to Chuck. My husband was at the restaurant waiting for me. We had dinner and the whole time I had butterflies in my stomach because I knew he was going to purpose. I'm not sure how I ever got through dinner, let alone eat dinner. I kept on waiting for him to purpose, but nothing happened. We walked out to the car and sitting on the seat was the cutest raccoon with a bouquet of balloons and a sign that said "Will you marry me." Of course I said yes. We met on the 23rd of January and got married one year later on January 23rd.

3 comments:

Judybec said...

HOW WONDERFUL!! Happy Anniversary to you and yours. That's one beautiful story.

Brenda Yarborough said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Anita Davies said...

Congratulations...I wish you may more happy years!