Saturday, January 19, 2008

Beware of paper cutters!

Beware of paper cutters; they can be dangerous! Yesterday I bought myself a paper cutter that would allow me to cut paper in various sizes. I took the cutter out of the box and noticed it was not sitting straight on the counter. I turned it over to discover one of the little rubber feet was missing so I took off the remaining 3 feet. As I was turning over, the palm of my hand accidentently was pressed against the blade. Boy did that one inch cut hurt and bleed like crazy. I thought I was going to bleed to death and couldn't for the life of me stop the bleeding. I finally managed to get a rather large band-aid on my cut so I could apply pressure to stop the bleeding. After changing the band-aid several times and having my hand elevated, the bleeding stopped. Needless-to-say,it was an experience I don't want to repeat again. So with a lot of attention to the blade I finally got to cut some card stock paper into 3.5 x 2.5" pieces.

I now have a pile of 3.5 x 2.5" blank pieces of card stock paper that I will draw small pictures of items. I thought this would be a quick way to continue drawing and not feel overwhelmed by a big piece of paper. One of things I like to do at night is to relax on my bed and watch TV and draw. With this size I can draw to my hearts content and if I create bad art, I can always toss .

I've been doing a lot of pen and ink with watercolor or colored pencils. I like the bold line of the pen and ink and it is so easy to add a little color with either the watercolor or colored pencils. So here are two ATC size drawings of finches.




No comments: