Friday, January 11, 2008

Hand - book Journal

I've been sketching in my moleskin trying to get motivated to draw and paint. I'm not sure if I want to work in watercolors, colored pencils, or faber-castell markers. I'm trying to jump start my creativity. So yesterday I finally opened my hand-book journal that is 5.5" x 5.5". I thought I would use this to doodle and see what happens. As I look through other journals the one thing that always catches my interest is drawing and painting dogs.

I really like the paper in my hand-book journal. It seems to take the watercolor and markers with no problem and no buckling. My plan for January is to draw and paint at least one image a day. I have to draw 7 more images to stay on track. I guess I work better under pressure.










2 comments:

Kimberly Harvey said...

I was doing a web search to try to find a harp teacher in the Antelope Valley and came across your blog. I want to buy a harp and get my kids lessons, but I wanted to make sure I could find a teacher first. Can you tell me who you found? Thanks in advance, Kim Harvey.

Irena said...

Hi Kim,

Unfortunately the teacher I found had to stop giving lessons because her regular full time job was requiring her to work longer hours. You might contact The Syliva Woods Harp center in Glendale.