Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Do you ever feel this way?

Do you ever feel this way? I seem to be floundering with my art work. I feel like I have no inspiration and can't seem to settle on a direction I would like my art to go in. So lately I've have been looking at various pictures from magazines and interpreting
my take on the subject. I'm hoping
this will jump start me in a new
direction.

So all of these drawings have
been done in my plain paper
moleskin journal using colored pencils.






5 comments:

Teri said...

Your flowers are beautiful!! I especially love the first one, such a deep beautiful color.

Brenda Yarborough said...

I agree with Teri - the depth of color on that first one is amazing, so rich!!

E-J said...

Lots of colour here, which I'm a sucker for - I especially like the first one!

Irena said...

Thanks for the kind compliments. I do love painting flowers and dogs and I have a feeling that probably will be my focus. Thanks again Teri,Brenda, and e-j for stopping by and looking.

E-J said...

I forgot to add when I commented, in response to your question, that I am floundering right now ... Sometimes something happens to interrupt the momentum of artmaking and suddenly it all feels a bit aimless. I find "Art & Fear" by David Bayles and Ted Orland helpful at these times!