Monday, May 28, 2007

Will life ever settle down????

Ever since March my life has been on a very fast pace. I can't seem to find enough time in the day to do what I want. This past weekend I went home to the SF bay area to see my older sister graduate from Chabot College which is a two year junior college. My sister is 56 so this was a major accomplishment for her. She'll be starting Mills College in August working towards her 4 year degree. I'm very proud of her and glad that she wants to continue her education. She also got a partial scholarship for the next 3 years at Mills.



This coming weekend I'm off again...this time to Ohio and Chicago. My niece is getting married on Saturday, so were flying in for the event. I'll only be in Ohio two days and then I'm off to Chicago to visit my friend Rosemary. Chicago should be fun because I'll get to go shopping, go to the Art Institute, take a salsa dance lesson, and do lots of catching up with my friend Rosemary. On a sad note, her beloved Sassy (a boxer) passed away on Thursday. Sassy was 14 or 15 years old. Rosemary had adopted Sassy from Boxer Rebound and lived a wonderful life with Rosemary. So the weekend will be bittersweet.

I'm hoping to start some larger watercolor paintings this week and hopefully get back to drawing each day.

2 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

You HAVE been busy. . . with no end in sight!! Our beloved Boxer died 5 years ago and I still get teary-eyed thinking about him, my heartfelt sympathy to your dear friend. We'll have to try to meet up as soon as you have some time.

Irena said...

Brenda...Let's plan on getting together. It would be so cool to maybe do art dates.