Thursday, February 01, 2007

February...A month of portraits




February is a month of portraits. After watching a video on You Tube by a guy named Marcos...he draws portraits of other people who appear on YouTube or who have sent him a video. It's so cool to actually see him draw these people...I liked his technique and just watching him gave me the confidence to try.
So I will be drawing portraits from magazines, images I get from Wetcanvas, personal photos of people I know, and hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to draw from life.


So here is my first portrait of Beyonce Knowles. She was on the recent cover of Style Magazine. For my first try, it's not bad. I really enjoyed doing this portrait. I see some areas to tweek, but for the most part I'm pleased. I need to do some research on how to draw people of color when I use graphite.


No comments: