Monday, July 31, 2006

Venice San Giorgio WIP


I finally decided on my next big piece to work on. When I was in Venice back in May I took a picture of this view...San Giorgio.

This is a WIP piece. I usually start by drawing my sketch on tracing paper, that way I can work out all the details before I transfer the drawing to good paper. Once I'm satisfied with the sketch, I pick out the paper I want to use. In this case, I'm using Mi-Tientes Indio Blue... 9.5 x 12.5 . Then I trace my sketch onto the Mi-Tientes paper using white Saral transfer paper so I can see my line drawing on the Indio Blue paper. After I've transfered the sketch I use swatches of the Mi-Tients Indio Blue to work out the colors I want to use. I'm using Prisma Color Colored pencils for this piece. Usually I work all over the drawing, but with this drawing I'm working from right to left. This first installment was done in 3 hours.

No comments: