Monday, July 03, 2006

My new watercolour coloured pencils


Today I went to Daniel Smith Art Store in downtown Seattle. I always seem to get into trouble when I go to this store...I tend to go overboard and buy lots of art supplies...and you know I need them all!

This coming weekend I'm going to a two-day colored pencil workshop in Astoria, Oregon with Kristy Kutch. After looking over the material list I realized that I needed some water soluble colored pencils...a complete set which I do not have. I bought a 60 piece set of Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. They are a little bit thicker than the regular size colored pencils. They seem to be just as creamy and easy to use as my polychromos by Faber-Castell.

I also bought a small Fredrix Archival watercolor canvas board. I've been wanting to try since I first noticed them over a year ago. I got a 8" x 10" piece. I figure it's small enough to try out and if I mess it up, I won't be upset.

So it was a good day of art supply shopping.

No comments: