Tuesday, November 12, 2013

hand made folder

I make a lot of greeting cards and always seem to have lots of left over pieces of card stock. With those left over pieces, I try to find different ways to use them up.  Today I wanted to make a folder that was big enough to hold 4" x 5" pieces of watercolor paper to carry in my purse for those moments I might have to do a quick sketch or watercolor painting.
 
To make this folder I used a piece of pink card stock cut in half, measuring 5.5" x 8.5".
                                     

I then folded the 5.5" x 8.5" in half.  I used my corner cropper for the top and bottom corners.

Next I took a decorative scrap file folder
 
I cut into 2 pieces measuring 3" x 5.25

 
I used my corner cropper and cropped all corners


 
I then used double sided tape to attach the decorative pieces to the front and back cover.

 
To keep the sheets of watercolor paper inside--I cut a piece of white card stock 8.5" x 3" then folded in half.


 
I then used washi tape to attach the white card stock piece inside the folder, bringing the washi tape unto the front of the cover to hold it in place.  This is what the folder looks like front and back.  I can now put several piece of paper in the folder and I'm ready to go.

No comments: