Monday, November 11, 2013

Gelli printing

I won't tell you that I've had my 6 x 6 Gelli printing plate since last December and my 8 x 10 Gelli plate for several months.  I'd look at them and go on Gelli Art website and watch the videos on how to use them, but they'd just sit in my studio waiting to be used.
 
So today I finally had the courage to use my 6 x 6 plate.  I got out my watercolor paper, brayer, acrylic paint, water bottle, and baby wipes.  I squeezed some acrylic paint on the plate and used the brayer to cover the plate.  I thought I might of put too much paint on the plate, but I probably used just the right amount.  I used a piece of a paper towel to make a flower.  I laid the watercolor paper on top of the Gelli plate, smoothed the paper over the plate, and pulled the paper off.  I was pleasantly surprised with the impression and how easy it really is to use the Gelli plate.  I took another piece of card stock and pulled a ghost image.
 
Clean up was so easy.  I used a baby wipe to pick up any remaining  paint.  Tomorrow I bring out all my stencils and play.
 




No comments: