Saturday, September 14, 2013

Leaving Paris

I'm on my way home from Paris.  I'm not sure if the cold weather or not warm enough clothes got me down,but Paris was not the same this year.  Also I found it rather expensive this time around.  I guess the bad economy of the US finally caught up with Europe.  The dollar just did not go very far.  I found that we spent  more on meals than anything else.   I also  did not buy my usually expensive designer handbag.  In my closet at home I have a rather large collection of designer bags that I only use once in awhile, so I didn't feel the need or want to buy a new one.  What I did buy were art supplies.  I usually try to buy art supplies that aren't carried in the US.  

This trip I did a lot of walking and talking lots of pictures.  We explored a different part of Paris and learned how to use the bus system.  It's rather easy to use and a great way to see the streets of Paris.  We did use the metro, but the stairs were killers on my knees.  We also went to a concert to see Mylene Farmer which was amazing to see and watch.  

I can't wait to get home to see my pooches and sleep in my own bed.  It's those little things that I look forward to after a long trip.

No comments: