Sunday, December 30, 2007

Artistic goals of 2007

As I look back on 2007 and my goals that I set out to accomplish, I was surprised at how many I was able to do.

The year has been a year of unexpected changes. After living in the Pacific Northwest for 2 years, we decided that we really had enough of the grey skies, power outages, and snow. So in March my husband decided to go back to consulting full time and he found a long term assignment in Mojave, California. In less than 3 weeks I had to pack up my house,put it on the market to sell,find a new house in Southern California,and move. After it was all said and done, I was in my new house by April 1st. It took me a few weeks to get settled and my new studio set up.

I started 2007 with buildings,then portraits,landscapes,lots of florals,a few cars, one cat,and even got involved in a monthly Chinese brush painting class. In between I worked on writing a few children's book stories and used a good part of December working on the illustrations. I even surprised myself at sketching daily and even painting daily into the wee hours of the night.

As for traveling, didn't do as much as I would of liked, but did go to Ohio for my nieces wedding;Chicago visiting my girlfriend;the SF bay area to visit my sister and watch her graduate from junior college, and a trip up to Canada for my husband's mother's memorial.

It's been a busy and productive year. So tomorrow I'll focus on my artistic goals for 2008.

No comments: