Sunday, September 02, 2007

Drama

I should of realized something was amiss yesterday which would set the tone for the rest of the day. I went to Kinko's to get 12 photo copies made and just as I pulled in the sky opened up with a down pour of rain, with a lightening shower in the distance. I made it inside without getting terribly wet. It was after making all the adjustments on the printer that I got 2 copies made before the power went out. I waited around for 20 minutes thinking the power would go back on,but it never did.




When I got home my dog Bella was contemplating her next move!
Then around 11 o'clock as I was winding down for the night I find my husband doubled over in pain and couldn't get up. I ended up having to call the paramedics and they took my husband to the emergency. I'm lucky that the paramedics gave good directions to this hospital because I arrived there before my husband did. It was a war zone at this emergency. If you ever want to see the dark side of a town visit your local emergency room...very scary. After waiting for 2 hours the doctor finally came into to see my husband. I was not impressed with the doctor at all. I could visually see on his face that his mind was racing to the next patient, listening,but not listening. Tests were ordered and finally 6 hours later we were told my husband had a kidney stone. I was relieved that it wasn't too serious to keep in the hospital and that he could go home. Talk about having drama in one day. I'm so tired that I think I could sleep for a week. I'm just thankful that with drinking lots of water and resting the kidney stone will pass.
I'm hoping tomorrow will be a quiet and relaxing day.

2 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Oh my! Yes, AVH is NOT a good place to visit!! I'm very much looking forward to the new hospital in Palmdale! So very thankful that his condition was not more serious - Got you both in my prayers!!!

Irena said...

Brenda I don't think I'll ever go back to AVH...it was way to scary. We can use all the prayers we can get...Thanks,

Irene