Saturday, September 01, 2007

Birds,Butterflies, and Fish

I always like the beginning of the month because I get to work on a new subject. As much as I loved painting horses, September will be the month of exploring Birds, Butterflies, and Fish.
So to kickoff September here is my first bird...a Red and orange parrot. I've been reading a few watercolor books...wet-on-wet and decided to try mixing my colors on the paper, instead of traditionally on the palette. Dropping the paint on the paper and seeing what the puddles will do is an interesting way to paint. If anything this might loosen me up.

4 comments:

brian nelson said...

Grest job on thr parrot. Great colors. It is beautifully done!

Irena said...

Thank you Brian for looking. I loved working on this guy and I know that painting birds will be just as fun as painting horses.

caseytoussaint said...

This is incredible! It's going to be a great month to visit your blog!

Brenda Yarborough said...

What a colorful month this is going to be!! Gorgeous, vibrant colors on this one!!