Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yupo Cat


I decided to take a break today from horses. I've been reading and viewing other artists using Yupo paper, so I decided I give it a try.
I sketched free hand this cat and then used Caran d'Ache Neocolor Artist crayons. I layed in all the color then wet the tip of a watercolor brush to move the color around the yupo paper. I didn't like the way it looked, so I re-worked the drawing. After playing with the paper I finally just layed the color and used a paper towel and Q-tip to blend. This plastic paper is so cool because if you don't like the way something looks you can wipe it off and start again.

4 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

I love the expression on his face - congratulations for a good job on very difficult paper.

Irena said...

Thanks Casey.

I've had this pad of Yupo for a few months and just decided to jump in and use it. I really like the Yupo and plan to work more with this paper. Thanks for looking.

Irene

Brenda Yarborough said...

Cute cat - love his face and his "walk."
Yea- you tried your Yupo! Isn't it just FUN. I've even taken my disasters and dunked them in the sink and completely washed them!! Dried with a towel, they are ready to go again. LOL.
If you want to preserve them, they need to be sprayed with a fixative.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Way to go. Yupo is is more fun the more you use it. Keep it up!