Friday, August 03, 2007

A chesnut


Today I had a doctor appointment in Beverly Hills...meeting up with my new Rheumatologist who happens to be a very published book author. I decided to take my small prismacolor portfolio along so I could work on my new horse drawing. I exchanged the colored pencils with watercolor pencils. It's a good thing I did because I had a lot of down time waiting to have tests done.
I layed down the initial colors and thought I brought my portable watercolor water brush, which I didn't. When I got home much,much later, I used a small #4 round brush to activate the wc pencil color. I was not happy with the Cretacolor aqua monolith pencils. The color did not blend very well so I used my Daniel Smith watercolor paints. I was much happier with the results.
Working 4 x 6 postcard size is a good size to experiment with. I also was working on this painting on my patio. The breeze was so strong that the wind dried my wc paints rather quickly allowing me to work fast and add a few layers.




No comments: