Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pears...a departure


I know these don't look like horses. I had to take my dog to the vet yesterday while she had her teeth cleaned, so I popped over to Dick Blick in Pasadena. While in Dick Blick I noticed that Dick Blick now carries their own line of colored pencils,but not watercolor soluble colored pencils. I seem to have every brand except Prismacolor watercolor pencils. So I bought a set and decided to test them out doing a simple sketch of pears. I was rather impressed with the Prismacolors wc pencils. The colors are rich and vibrant and 36 cp seems to be just the right amount of pencils to work with. I liked them so much that I plan to do more simple sketches using them and probably take them out in the field with me.
So tomorrow I finish working on my horse painting...I promise I will!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yes Vibrant describes these pears perfectly!!! Nice change of pace too.