Friday, December 22, 2006

Flower Portraits

I recent bought this book, Watercolor Flower Portraits by Bill Showell. Instead of using watercolors I decided to try my Faber-Castell artist pens on smooth bristol paper, 9.5" x 12".






Calla Lily
Amaryllis



Calla Falling













I have found as much as I enjoy taking classes, lately the classes I have taken just seem to be a repeat of things I all ready know how to do. So now I'm going to go through all my art books and practice doing the demonstrations from the books. By doing this, I feel it will train my eyes and hand to capture what I'm seeing, also allow me to try different mediums.

6 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

Gorgeous! Very vibrant. These flowers look like they belong in a book!!!

Lin said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE THESE!! CA'NT WAIT TO SEE MORE!

myslewis said...

lovely work on the callas!

Alison said...

I like that in your profile you actually admit to 'buying art supplies' as a hobby - we EDMers could all probably write that, but haven't :)

Irena said...

Brenda...I'm flattered that you think my flower drawings belong in book! Thanks for looking

Lin...Now the pressure is on to produce more. Thanks for looking.

myslewis...I'm glad you enjoyed the callas...which is becoming one of my favorite flowers.

Alison...I think anything we spend a lot of time doing is definately a hobby.

graniyea said...

Your art is gorgeous! I stumbled on your site looking for this book.
I love your Cavaliers. We have 2 Japanese Chins. Thought about Cavaliers. They are sweet also. Keep up your great work. I will keep looking for a used copy of the book.
LaRae