Thursday, March 05, 2015

Recycled Hawk

I don't know about you, but I tend to go through a lot of watercolor paper that comes in watercolor pads.  I try to recycle the book board that's in the back of the pad, but I thought I do something with the front cover of the watercolor pad.  My solution was to glue two pieces of front cover together, white on the outside and pad design on the inside, hence, giving me a front and back to paint on.  Because the white side of the cover has texture, it adds to the look of the painting or drawing I've created.
 
With this found paper I plan to use for experimenting techniques trying new supplies without having to use good paper.
 
So with this painting I used water brushes filled with watercolor to create this scary looking Hawk.  I liked the way the texture of the paper enhanced the birds feathers.
 
 

No comments: