Today when I was out and about, I spotted daffodils at the local florist. I decided to buy a bunch and come home and paint them.
I wet my watercolor paper first and then dropped in yellow watercolor for the bud. For the stem I dropped in a mixture of greens and blues. I let the paint dry before I went to my next step. Once the surface was dry on my painting, I started to define the daffodil flower...adding more yellow and dropping in some oranges. I kept on dropping in paint, letting it move around the surface to give the painting a defused look.
This painting was created on 6" x 6" watercolor paper, using water brushes filled with watercolor paint.