Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Primorsky -- Kay Region Russia Virtual Paintout

 

I discovered this cool website: http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com
a couple of years ago.  It's a blog that uses Google Street View as a resource for traveling the world to find interesting locations and subjects to paint.
 
I sometimes visit the site to see what country they are exploring. For the month of June, they are visiting the Vladivostok - Primorsky Kay Region in Russia.
 
 
I only have a few more pages in my 6" x  8" journal and thought looking for something to paint in Russia would be ideal.  I finally found this view, somewhere in the country side of Primorsky. 
 
On this painting I started with my Daniel Smith watercolors and let the first layer dry.  When I went back to continue painting, my DS were in the car and I didn't want to get up to get them, so I used my Prang watercolor set that was right on the table.  I also used Paper mate flair markers to give my definition to the painting.
 
Overall I like how this turned out.  As I told my husband, this is a great way to save airfare and paint in my pj's.


















No comments: