Friday, January 21, 2011

watercolor journal

OK I promise last post of the night!  For the past week or two I've been making watercolor journals in various sizes.  I think the two sizes I like are a 8 x 8 inch journal and a 6 x 6 inch journal.

To make my journals, I've been using illustration board cut down to size and then covering  the board with printed card stock paper.  The inside of the cover I use a solid complimentary color.

Today I got to thinking...why couldn't I use heavy white card stock instead of the illustration board.
So with this watercolor journal I took white card stock cut to  6 x 6 inch and then covered the front of journal with this cool postage stamp paper.  Inside cover I used a solid burgundy card stock.  Then I used my bind-it-all to bind the book together.  The cover was heavy enough that it offered the protection of the journal pages without being flimsy.  I think tomorrow I'll be experimenting with different sizes using this new process.

No comments: