Saturday, January 22, 2011

new little sketchbook

 Today I got two new stamps that I bought from Elvie Studio.  One says "color your world" and the other says "write". 

Since I've been making so many watercolor journals using my bind-it-all, I thought I'd try something different.  Teesha Moore has some neat videos on You tube showing how to make a 16 page journal with one piece of 22 x 30 watercolor paper.  I thought I'd modify her idea and this is what I came up with:

I took two pieces of 8.5 x 11 white card stock and scored each sheet at 4" and 8" leaving  a small piece on the end which is about 3.5". Next I cut each piece in half  4.25", giving me 8 pages to work on.   For the cover I used a piece of printed card stock  4.25" x 8".  I assembled the cover and pages.  In the center of the book I made three wholes, going through all the pages
cover.  Next I hand stitched the pages together.  Teesha
does a good job of explaining the binding part.

With my new stamps, attached one on the front and one
on the back.

With this little sketchbook I plan to practice doing
calligraphy.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Irena,
I started to watch this same video — was it easy? Anyway, been learning bookbinding techniques and loving the craft. And love your blog and work!

And thank you for visiting my blog. I never know if folks get my replies to their comments so I go right to the source. It means a lot that people are looking and commenting. Thank you! It's so inspiring to see all the wonderful work that people are doing. Thank you for sharing it!
Penny