Thursday, May 15, 2008

Angel mix media art journal

I just love YOU TUBE because one can find all of these cool tutorials on line. I happen to come across a mix media artist ...Suzi Blu http://www.suziblue.blogspot.com/.
Suzi's blog should have her link to her you tube videos.

Suzi has 68 videos to watch and I have spent the last 2 days watching all of them. Her videos are full of information about creating mix media art, sprinkled with humor and her cute animals...Lulu her puppy and cat...can' remember the cat's name, but I think it's Poo Poo.

I've always have admired the work of mix media artist, but for my own work it's been just one medium at a time...mostly watercolors,or oil pastels, or colored pencils, or Chinese Brush painting. So after viewing all of Suzi's 68 videos, I decided to take the plunge and start my very first mix media art journal.

My inspiration has been my baby girl Sophie.

Angel Dog...gesso,oil pastels,acrylic paint, and glitter.
Angels everywhere...gesso,oil pastels,acrylic paint and glitter.
Sophie my Angel Dog...gesso,acrylic paint, watercolors, and oil pastels.
It's been rather freeing to work this way, finally able to use my assortment of art supplies that I've collected over the years. So now my days will include working on my Angel Dog mix media art journal.


















No comments: