Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A French Bull Dog

Getting back to basics. I started this watercolor about a week ago, then put it aside, and today decided to finish it. I've been trying to workout in my mind and in my art, what direction I would like to explore.

For the past few weeks I've been drawing and painting Tulips, some of my drawings I liked, some of them I didn't. What I figured out was that I need to stick to basics...meaning...doing a sketch;then a value sketch,and finally sketching my drawing on good watercolor paper, then paint. I think with this approach, which for me is tried and true, I'll be much happier with my work. Also pick a standard size and format that I'm comfortable painting...not to big and not to small.

Having finally worked that out, tomorrow I'll start another Tulip drawing with WIP photos. So I feel relieved and don't feel like I'm all over the map with my art. See you tomorrow!


No comments: