Sunday, September 03, 2006

French Fruit Gateau Watercolor WIP #1

I seem to be in a food painting mode. Last week I made a special trip down to Le Panier Very French Bakery http://www.lepanier.com in downtown Seattle which is located in Pike's Market. I went to take pictures of their pastries and cakes "Gateau". This little beauty caught my eye, so I bought the cake to paint. So for $25.00 you can say I'm definately into my art! I wasn't sure if it would last as I quickly sketched the Gateau.

This painting seems to be going rather quickly. I'm finding that if I have a good sketch worked out and a color swatch of the colors I plan to use, I move around the painting in no time at all. I've only worked on this maybe a total of 3 hours, considering this is a rather detailed painting.

No comments: