Sunday, September 03, 2006

Daniel Smith Watercolor Palette

When I took my 3 day watercolor workshop with Susie Short last weekend I could not find my box of watercolor paints. I moved last year and packed them away and have looked hi and low, but couldn't find them. I know I have them;it's frustrating knowning there in one of the boxes in garage. I must of had over a hundred tubes of paint from Winsor-Newton,Daniel Smith, Daler-Rowney, and Holbein. So for Susie's class I needed to buy new watercolor paints and a new palette. I can't complain because I love Daniel Smith's watercolors. And the fact that his store front is only a ferry ride away.

So here is a picture of my watercolor palette. I have the following colors going from right handside corner:
Hansa Yellow Medium, New Gamboge, Pyrol Orange,Quinacridona Coral, Alizarn Crimson, Quinacridone Rose, Quinacridona Violet, Cobalt Teal Blue,Indanthrone Blue, French Ultra-marine Blue, Colbatl Blue, Phthalo Blue, Sap Geen, Quinacridona Gold, Quinacridona Burnt Orange,Perylene Maroon, Under Sea Green, Burnt Sienna, Perm Brown, Raw Sienna,Yellow Ochre, and Naples Yellow.

I ran out of space...I still have 6 more tubes of paints...so I guess this means I need to go back to Daniel Smith for another palette!

No comments: