Monday, June 12, 2006

Port Townsend outting






I always have good intensions to post daily, but I don't. Currently I'm participating in a Sketching class over on WetCanvas taught by Katherine Tyrrell.

The first week was trying to do daily 5 minute or less sketches leading up to longer sketches. I experimented with pencil, pen and ink, and finally colored pencil.

On Saturday I drove out to Port Townsend,Washington which is about 40 minutes from my house to have lunch and do my first outdoor sketch for week two of the sketching class. I had bought one of those Large Cahier plain paper notebook Moleskins (5.25 x 8.25) w/80 pages. I discovered that the paper was rather thin and not really good for detailed sketches using colored pencil. It took the colored pencil, but when I got close to the edges , the paper tended to get creases. So now I'll just use this notebook for practice sketches, things I don't care if they have mistakes.

1 comment:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

A really lovely drawing. Well done!