Thursday, July 23, 2015

Elegant writer calligraphy marker

 
 
My newest past time is to watch you tube videos.  You can learn just about anything on you tube.  This week I learned how to dye a midori cover, add a pencil loop to my midori, make dash boards for my midori, and the list goes on.
 
So last night I found a video that showed How To Use the Elegant Writer Calligraphy Marker with Artist Karlyn Holman.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBe6bG6ouZo
 
This 24 minute video is packed with a lot of useful information.  So I pulled out my black 2.0mm fine elegant writer, Caran d'Ache crayons, and my Daniel Smith watercolor.  I did a quick sketch of tulips and then misted my paper to activate the ink in the elegant writer. I moved the paper around as the water explored all the ink lines.  Once the ink was dry I went in and added color.   I really like this techniques and plan to use it often.
 

No comments: