Friday, February 13, 2015

flower collages

 I recently discovered www.creativebug.com.   It's an online website where you can take classes for $9.99 a month.  Classes from watercolors, knitting, paper crafts, baking, sewing and much more.  They offer a free 14 day trial period where you can explore the classes.  So I signed up and took my first class with Lisa Congdon.  The class was Sketchbook explorations.  Exploring different tools and techniques to keep a sketchbook.  I really liked the way Lisa really simplified the use of tools and techniques. 

This is what I  worked on in my sketchbook.  Creating a collage border on the bottom of my sketchbook and then adding line drawings of flowers.  I added color to my flowers to complete the drawing.

I don't often do collages, but after seeing Lisa's videos I think I'll be adding more collages to my sketchbook in the future.


No comments: