Friday, August 29, 2014

Daffodil

 
Not to long ago I bought one of those Tim Holtz distress marker sprayers.  What's so cool about this sprayer is that you can use any type of marker with it.  Basically the marker tip is positioned at the bottom of the sprayer.  You squeeze the bulb and a fine mist sprays out.
 
So with my watercolor painting, I picked one of my markers and sprayed a couple of mists around the watercolor paper.  While the mist was still wet, I got a damp watercolor brush and moved the mist around to create an even background for my watercolor.  Once that was dry, I used a extra fine Sharpie to draw out my daffodil. Next I just started adding color until I was happy with the results.  I finished off the painting with some shading marks.
 
Item image
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: