Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sketchbookery Journal with Chevron binding week 2

After two days of watching videos, making my sketchbook for class and doing my first journal page...I'm tired, but happy with what I've created.
 
I've never have included lettering to journal pages in the past, but I think this is something I'll probably include in the future.
 
My journal measures  5.5" x 7.5". I used handmade paper for the covers which I bought in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago.  I have 3 signatures with 5 pages per signature.  The watercolor paper I've used 140lb cold press, handmade watercolor paper that is 300lbs cold press, and 140lb hot press watercolor paper.
 
The binding was a little tricky because the holes had to be an even number and I really didn't like the tying off in the center of each signature.  But I did put washi tape over the center pages so I wouldn't see the bumps created with the tie offs.
 
Overall I'm please with my journal and can't wait to fill it up!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




5 comments:

Dana said...

Irena... your sketchbook is delightful... love those delicious colors!

Mary Ann said...

Irena that fabric on the cover is gorgeous. truly excellent. love those saturated iris petals

Paula said...

Your book is beautiful!

Irena said...

Thanks everybody for stopping by. I fell in love with this handmade paper and knew it would be perfect for a journal cover. I need to go back to Santa Barbara and find me some more to make more journals.

JessiVille said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!