Thursday, February 20, 2014

Accordian Journal


I didn't intend to take such a long break, but I've been fighting this nasty Sinus infection for the past month and a half.  After 3 courses of antibiotics, I think I might be on the road to feeling better.
 
Even though I haven't posted, I have been busy making journals and doing quick sketches.
 
I've been seeing those Moleskin Accordion  journals and thought I'd try to make one.  I used drawing paper for inside the journal and paper that I had bought in Florence, Italy for the front and back cover.  For me the tricky part was getting the pages to line up.  Once I got that figured out the rest was easy.  My accordion measures  7"L x 5"W.


 
 
 

Front Cover
Front and Back Cover
Koi Fish




 
Koi Fish

As you can see my first few pages are of Koi fish swimming.  I used DS watercolors, Schmincke gouache, and Twinklings H20s.
The Twinklings H20s are luminescent watercolors that have an intense shimming of color and sparkle.

No comments: