Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right?  Well this has been my week.  It started out with dropping my IPAD on the floor and the glass cracked; then my David Yurman cuff bracelet that I wear everyday, one of the peridot stones cracked and fell out, finally the light bulbs in my bedroom burned out.  It seems like I was having a glass attack.  As usual, I have to drive down below to go to the Apple store to get my IPAD repaired and to Beverly Hills to get my DY cuff bracelet fitted with a new stone.  Luckily I had replacement bulbs for my lamps.
 
Then there is my paintings.  Some days I like them and some days they just don't seem to work.  Today is one of those days that half the painting works for me and the other half doesn't.  I've been experimenting with gouache on toned paper.  When using gouache on toned paper, if you make a mistake it is not easily fixed.  If I had painted this on watercolor paper, most likely I would have been able to lift the paint and start over.  So on this painting doing Chinese brush, the peony bud on the right, I over worked and used more gouache to attempt to save the flower.  It looks OK. It really should of looked like the flower on the left.  So it's back to the drawing board and attempt to paint this again.
 
I'm hoping the rest of my week improves.
 
 
 

No comments: