Thursday, November 01, 2012

Meadow

Today I was a busy girl.  I drove down to Pasadena so I could spend some money at Dick Blick.  I've been wanting to try Caran D'ache Neopastel  oil pastels.  So I treated myself to a set of 48 Caran D'ache
Neopastel.  Not that I needed another set of pastels.  I have a lovely 120 piece Sennelier Oil Pastel set that I got several years ago in Paris at the Sennelier Art store.  Before I use my Sennelier , I thought I'd practice with these.  

I've been trying to paint and draw more with an impressionistic feel, instead of  painting realistic with a lot of detail.    The colors of this set are rather vibrant.  I did this meadow scene in about 30 minutes on color pastel paper.

Tomorrow I'll experiment on watercolor paper.

Set of 48


Set of 48




No comments: