Saturday, June 02, 2012

Peerless watercolors


Always on the look out for portable watercolors, Diana Trout mentioned on her blog Peerless Water Colors.




I was intrigued so I decided to buy the Complete Edition which has 15 sheets of colors  and the Bonus pak which has 40 sheets of color.



I  cut 1/2 strips of each color  and attach them to a piece of watercolor paper using double sided tape. I can fold these in half and there good to go.

I was rather surprised how vibrant the colors were once applied to a painting.  It's true that a little paint goes a long way.  I painted these goldfish on a  9.5 x 7" piece of watercolor paper and only used a tiny corner of the various colors in my painting.


Next I used one of my photos from the San Diego Zoo of flamingos.  I really liked how saturated the color went on without having to over work and reapply additional color.

I bought mine from Peerless....http://www.peerlesscolor.com/products.htm

No comments: