Monday, May 17, 2010

Handmade watercolor journal for birds

This morning I made another watercolor journal. I happened to see a you tube video last night demo Japanese Stab binding, so I thought I'd give it a try. For this journal I use the following materials: decorative paper for front and back cover;green card stock to put attach to the decorative paper to make it more secure; 20 pieces of tracing paper/watercolor paper; and green ribbon to bind the journal.

Front Cover
Side view

tracing paper with line drawing.
Before I ever start a painting I like to workout the details on tracing paper. Once I'm satisfied, I transfer the drawing to watercolor paper. So when I put this journal together, I incorporated the tracing paper into the journal.
Completed painting. American goldfinch











































No comments: